Starobilsk

From September 1939 the former convent of the Holy Trinity housed a camp primarily intended for interned Polish Army officers and Polish state administration functionaries transported there from occupied eastern Poland. Refugees from other occupied countries arrested illegally entering the territory of the USSR were also imprisoned there. The camp additionally served as a transit camp for the People’s Commissariat of Internal Affairs.


Return to original orientation of tablet, or