Ivano-Frankivsk

Previously known as Stanislaviv. A Polish city after WWI, it was occupied by the Red Army at the end of September 1939. From October 1939 to June 1941 housed an NKVD prison and interrogation centre. After the war the location of a camp for POWs and People’s Commissariat of Internal Affairs of the USSR internees.


Return to original orientation of tablet, or